Friday, August 20, 2010

WHY BLOG??? (in other words.....what's this all about?)




When I mentioned to my boss that Compeer might benefit from having a blog, she answered in her usual way... "Tell me more."
And I did.
And, well, you're reading this, so it's not a surprise that she welcomed the idea, and decided to give this a go. (Shout out to Karen- woot!)
I must tell you, I'm psyched! I have magnificent goals for this blog. (Then again, I have magnificent goals to keep my house clean too....so lets remember to keep it real.)

WHY BLOG?

I think that there are so many of us right here in Buffalo that are ready and waiting to connect with others....but we have barriers that sometimes keep that connection out of reach.

For some, who are experiencing mental health challenges, it can be difficult to make new connections with people. Often fear and anxiety keep us from reaching out.
For others of us, time is a concern-- working long hours and raising families can keep us so busy we don't find the time to reach that part of us that longs to share deeply with others. (I couldn't find time to buy shampoo this week.......which I found out the hard way this morning!)

Compeer does such a fantastic job of connecting people with people and creating friendships that change lives forever. I think that having a blog that supports all of the things that make for healthy living and positive connections is a no-brainer! I want us to have a forum to feel connected- to share inspirations as well as challenges.
Hopes..... dreams.....coupons.....whatever!

Seriously, we're friends. Let's share it all.

If you find a new recipe that you absolutely love- I want to know about it!
Reading a good book? I want to know about it.
I want our whole Compeer circle of friends to know about it!!

Why blog? Because times are changing, but that doesn't mean that we give up our spirit of connection. I say we make it stronger- together.

*Jennifer
Compeer staff and volunteer

Check in regularly for new goodies, and please share comments freely so that we can be a community.

If you have topics, articles, recipes, photos or stories to share, please send them to jennifer@compeerbuffalo.org.

No comments: